Monday 5 December 2011

Charity Gems

I love a good charity shop! What’s a better feeling than buying yourself a bargain and knowing that your money is going towards a good cause?
I haven’t been able to recently (because I’ve been so busy with coursework), but if you’re prepared to have a good old rummage in a charity shop you can find some real gems, sometimes if you’re lucky even a vintage treasure.
Fashion often repeats itself so you will find old designs of current high street styles in your local charity shop at a reasonable, affordable price. Saying this you will also find good old retro pieces.

My favourite charity shops are The British Heart Foundation, Oxfam and Cancer Research really just because they ar emy local charity shops at home(Perth).

As all my charity shop  finds are at home my friends gave me a few of theirs to show you.
This is Ailsa’s £4 New Look embellished shawl which was originally £24 in the retail store.


This is Toni's absolute bargain of a clutch at 20p!

As I am a Fashion Management student, last year as part of my graded coursework my group and I were allocated a specific charity shop, given the task to complete an outfit with £10 that we were given and present it to the university. Our group was given the British Heart Foundation and this is how it turned out...



We chose to do a 60's theme and found this amazing dress for £4. As we were allowed to alter/tailor our outfits we bought blue lace and stiched this onto the dress. We also made an underskirt to puff out the dress and stiched the hem up to make it a little shorter. In the end we even had £2 change left over, incredible!

Its amazing what you can find in a charity shop!


HLW X

No comments:

Post a Comment