Saturday 10 December 2011

Tis The Season To Wear Tartan!

After seeing Rihanna the other week on the xFactor wearing Alexander McQueen’s puffball dress I thought to myself, ‘Is tartan making a comeback in fashion?!’  I love tartan, it’s such a bold and unique design that us Scots can be proud of. Now that the Christmas season is upon us I assumed that we would all be wearing the usual metallic and sequin pieces however I’m more than pleased to take a step out of the box and get to grips with a few good old tartan pieces for my Christmas nights out!

Emma Watson, Rihanna and Chloe Moretz all wearing McQ's Tartan dress

If you’d like to get into the tartan spirit here are some affordable pieces!

MotelRocks Tartan Chiffon Shirt: £38

MotelRocks Tartan Short: £28.50
Converse: £51
Marshmallow Welly: £15
Pieces Hwo Scarf: £12.50
And last of them all, if you would like a dress like McQueen's but for a smaller price here is what you're looking for!
Apricot Tartan Dress: £25

HLW X

No comments:

Post a Comment